I’m almost done reading 37signal’s first (and hopefully not the last) book entitled:
The smarter, faster, easier way to build a successful web application
This should be required reading for any company who is in the software biz. Look up Crucible in the dictionary, next to it will be a picture of this book’s jacket. It melts away all the useless process that legacy software development has engrained in our DNA and shows a better way of doing things.
For example, they think functional specs suck ass. Here’s why:
- Functional specs are fantasies
- Functional specs are about appeasement
- Functional specs only lead to an illusion of agreement
- Functional specs force you to make the most important decisions when you have the least information
- Functional specs lead to feature overload
- Functional specs don’t let you evolve, change, and reassess
Anyway, excellent eBook – the best $20.00 bucks you will ever spend. At 177 pages, it is also a quick read.